TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT DESIGN
Traffic Management Design is a process which begins when a client makes contact with a traffic management design company – such a GKTM Ltd. We have worked with hundreds of clients over a period of 11 years. As a result, our company is forefront of traffic management in Ireland. All of our designers, planners, and engineers are fully trained and certified for their respective roles.
THE DESIGN PROCESS
In order to deliver a comprehensive traffic plan with safety and efficiency as a priority, we follow a strict procedure from start to finish and conform to all standards set out in the guidance documents.
- Initial client brief, meet with client
- Submission of Tender, if required
- Visit site of proposed temporary traffic management works
- Perform site survey and risk assessment
- Develop a traffic management plan
- Review traffic management plan and submit to the local authority for approval
- Produce final traffic management plan
- When required GKTM will supply all necessary traffic management equipment and fully qualified crew to operate the TM system
- On completion, remove all equipment in a timely manner and ensure normal traffic flow can commence
- Perform a review with the client and ensure any valid issues raised are implemented immediately
creating traffic plans
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT DESIGN STANDARDS
GKTM provides consultation, design, planning, and TM operations. All our work is carried out following a suite of documents covering all aspects of Temporary Traffic Management on Irish Roads. The documents are as follows:
- Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual, relating to Temporary Traffic Measures and Signs for Roadworks
- Temporary Traffic Management Design Guidance, and
- Temporary Traffic Management Operations Guidance documents.
Traffic Signs Manual. Chapter 8
Temporary TM Design Guidance
Temporary TM Operations Guidance
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Health and safety regulations are continuously being updated. Our designers, planners, and operatives are kept up to date with the latest standards. We always produce traffic management plans to the highest standards and put the safety of pedestrians, road users, construction workers, and traffic management crew first, whilst ensuring the highest level of efficiency for traffic and pedestrian traffic.